Friday, April 29, 2011

Words of Parenting Wisdom from a Well Known Authors

Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. ~Robert Fulghum

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"

The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed. ~Author Unknown


The trouble with having a stubbornness contest with your kids is that they have your stubbornness gene. ~Robert Brault

If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says "keep away from children." ~Susan Savannah

In bringing up children, spend on them half as much money and twice as much time. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment