Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Top Ten Mother's Day Quotes...Who Do I Think I Am David Letterman


10By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class.-Anne Morrow Lindbergh 
 9. 'The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.' ~ Honore de Balzac

 8.  "There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one” - Jill Churchill

 7.  Mom, when thoughts of you are in our hearts, we are never far from home. ~Author Unknown

 6.  The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. Author Unknown

 5.  A Mother's Love
Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
- Sarah Malin

 4.  “A mother understands what a child does not say.” -Jewish proverb

 3.  Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~Author Unknown

 2.  Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

 1.  When you were small and just a touch away, I covered you with blankets against the cold night air. But now that you are tall and out of reach, I fold my hands and cover you with prayer. -Dona Maddux Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment