Friday, August 24, 2012

Quit Smoking for You and Your Child!

Here are some ideas to up your chances to successfully quit smoking for your health and the health of your children:

1) Consider that your child's health is being effected by the second hand smoke you are exposing them to.  I am a first hand example of this, as I suffer from aasthma and broncitis even though I never haave smoked.  My mother had a pack a day addiction when I was a child.  I am happy to say she has been smoke free for over ten years.

2)Get up and walk after a meal instead of having that cigarette

3) Hold something in your hand like a straw, a pencil or my favorite one of those hard candy sticks.

4) Make sure if you are going out to a restaurant or bar that it is smoke free.

5) Spend more time with your non smoking friends while you are still in the early stages of quitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment