Saturday, June 16, 2012

Some of My Favorite Father's Day Quotes

It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.    John Sinor


By the time a man realize that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.   Charles Wadsworth


Lately all my friends are worried that they're turning into their fathers.  I'm worried that I'm not. Dave Sevin


He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland


My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew


When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Author unknown


Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor (I include this one for my 28 year old daughter who calls her "daddy" when she is having a problem)

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!   
Author Unknown



I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter
(I include this one because MASH is one of my husband's favorite show)





No comments:

Post a Comment