Thursday, June 21, 2012

Is "Brave" a Movie for Healing a Mother/Daughter Relationship?

Disney's new movie "Brave" (although I have yet to see it) has a few qualities about it that I think make it the perfect movie for mothers to see with their daughters.  Mother/Daughter relationships may seem strained at times or maybe all the time in your mind.  "Brave" is a story that for one thing explores this sometimes troubled relationship between Merida and her mother the queen.

If you need a second reason to take your daughter to this movie, it is the story of a girl hero.  How many movies portray the girl in the role of hero.  Not many that I can think of.  I think that's what makes this a good movie to see with your daughter no matter how old she is.  I am picking up the phone right now and setting a date to see it with my own twenty-something daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment