Saturday, January 14, 2012

Using Cord Blood To Cure Diseases

Expectant parents everywhere are choosing to save the stem cells obtained from the embiical cord following the birth of their baby.   my own daughter is soon to be married and thinking about starting a family, I felt that this was a topic that I neede to investigate.  With all the contraversy surrounding other types of stem cell research, I want to get the facts on this type.  Does it cause pain or damage to the baby, how is it stored, cost of storing, and the options available to parents of children who are sick as well as parents who looking forward to the birth of a new little bundle of joy.

The great news that I want to share in this first post about cord blood is that research has shown that the stem cells found in baby's cord blood could be used to treat up to eighty different diseases including certain cancers, blood disorders, juvenile diabetes and cerebral palsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment