Monday, August 29, 2011

Out of the Mouth of a 5 Year Old

A couple of days ago I was telling Charlie how smart he was and how proud I was of him. He looked at me and said, " When you get to be an adult, your brain gets smaller." I asked why he said that, his response, "Cause I am always telling you things and you are always forgetting them."
Laura
Mother of 5 Kids from 17 to 2
Orlando, Fl

I remember when my son was in third grade, he told me that third graders knew everything and after that you started to get stupid. I held my tongue until he got out of third grade, and then I asked him how it felt to be getting stupider. Maybe not the best grammer but I definitely made my point.

I wonder if we appear as if we are forgetting things because our minds are so busy in this overly connected society. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment