Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quotes for Starting a New School Year

As the school year approaches, here are some words of wisdom regarding starting school.

"Some students drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle." - E.C. McKenzie

"Schoolteachers are not fully appreciated by parents until it rains all day Saturday." - E. C. McKenzie

I abhor grades - if a child does his best, that's all that should be asked.
Richard Dawson

Starting Kindergarten by unknown
A, B, C, D, E Kindergarten's where I want to be
F, G, H, I, J Learn to read and write each day
K, L, M, N, O Boys and girls we like to know
P, Q, R, S, T Sharing books with you and me
U, V, W, X, Y Now it's time to say goodbye
Z, Z, Z, Z, Z Kindergarten's where I want to be!

The First Day of School by Aileen Fisher
I wonder if my drawing will be as good as theirs
I wonder if they'll like me, or just be full of stares
I wonder if my teacher will look like mom or gram
And I wonder if my puppy will wonder where I am.

My School Promise by unknown
Each day I'll do my best
And I won't do any less.
My work will always please me,
And I won't accept a mess.
I'll color very carefully,
My writing will be neat.
And I will not be happy,
Till my papers are complete.
I'll always do my homework,
And try my best on every test.
I won't forget my promise,
To do my very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment