Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thoughts from Zig Ziglar's Son

I ran across this inspirational story as I was reading Zig Ziglar's Little Instructional Book. I thought that it fit into what I have been writing about. If you are struggling with the idea of getting a divorce, I hope that you will really take these words to heart. Some marriages are meant to end but I don't think that number is as high as our divorce rate.

The best thing that a parent can do for a child is to love his or her spouse. Zig Ziglar was walking with his fifteen year old son and he asked him, "If anyone should ask you what you liked best about your dad, what would you say?" He answered, "I'd say that the thing I like best about my dad is that he loves my mom." Zig then asked, "Why would you say that?" and he replied, "I know because you love mom you're going to treat her right and as long as you treat her right, we will always be a family. That means that I will never have to choose between you and mom.

Whether you have already divorced or are just considering it, I hope that you take these words to heart. Divorce does not have to mean that your children need to choose between their mom or their dad. What a difficult position to be in, to have to choose between the two people you love the most. Find a way, divorced or not, so your children are not in a position where they have to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment