Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Child's Wish List for Their Parents When They Are Getting a DIvorce

1) Listen to what I have to say. I am feeling pretty confused and need you to reassure me that everything is going to be alright.

2) Keep my schedule as normal as possible. Many things are changing in my world and I need to know that somethings will stay the same.

3) Stop fighting with each other. Play nice. That's what you are always telling me to do.

4)I need you both to stay involved in my life. If you can't be with me because you live too far away, stay connected to me. Write, use skype, e-mail, or call.

5) Don't use me as a messenger.

6) Don't say mean things about each other. I don't want to take sides.

7) Don't get upset when I spend time with my other parent. I don't want to choose between you. I love you both and this really confuses and upsets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment