Monday, July 23, 2012

Advice for Parents with Children College Bound

One of the most difficult times in my life was sending my first born off to college 1200 miles away three days after he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.  Just to let you know that the memory is so vivid in my mind that it can bring me to tears more than ten years later.  So if I tell you that I know how you are feeling if you are preparing to send your first child off to college, I hope you will believe me.

Here are a few questions to ponder when preparing to send a child to college.

1) What is an appropriate gift for your child when they graduate from high school?

2) What is not a good reason for selecting a college?

3) How often is okay to visit home from college?

4) What will you buy your son or daughter when they go to college?

I hope these questions give you food for thought if you find yourself going through this change of life.  These and more questions aswered in my series on "Sending a Child Off to College".

No comments:

Post a Comment