Friday, December 9, 2011

Changing Two Little Words in Your Vocabulary Can Eliminate Much of Your Family's Holiday Stress

During the holiday season stress can reach an all time high in the lives of many of of our families.  Changing two words in our vocabulary, and our children's  vocabulary may make all the difference.  Replacing the words "need-to" or "have-to" with "choose-to" in our vocabulary gives us a sense of power over what is going on in our lives and therefore reduces our stress.  Start yourself thinking that everything in life is a choice.  Even going to work is a choice.  You choose to go to work so that you get paid and you don't get fired.  Sounds to simple to be true, give it a try and see if it makes a difference in your family's stress level this holiday season.  What could it hurt to try,  I hope it makes as much of a difference in the your family's stress level as it does in mine.  The only problem with this technique is that I sometimes slip back into my "have-to" ways when I am really busy and must remind myself, or have my children remind, that everything is indeed a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment