Thursday, April 19, 2012

Letting Your Children Play Hooky From Their Life

I just got home from a very stressful time taking care of my mother in the hospital.  I have been so stressed out, that I have allowed myself to play hooky for the better part of the day.  Every once in a while it is a good idea to take a break from your hectic life and just take a day for yourself.  This can be a day without children or a day with them if you think they are feeling stressed out by their hectic life.  Maybe you need to take one of each kind.

Consider this as a sick day from work and school.  Mental health can require a sick day just as much as the flu .  There is much research to support that stress can make you physically sick, so as a counselor I am suggesting to you that you and your children may need to take a mental health day every once in a while.  I know that I will be much more productive tomorrow, having taken one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment