Friday, September 2, 2011

How Do You Keep Mothering with Broken Bones and Severe Pain?

I am faced with the dilemma of figuring out a way to continue posting and writing my book with the use of just one hand. After 15 hours in the hospital and many x-rays, I was sent home with a splint and sling around my dominent arm. In ten days, I will hopefully be exchanging it for a fiberglass cast because the alternative is surgery. It just must be said that breaking your funny bone in two, not so funny. I can't pull down my pants or wear any top that isn't a halter. Fortunately, my children are grown but I am not sure what I would do if they were little. I guess I would do exactly what I am doing and that is lean on my friends and family to help me out. It really is true that you come to know who your true friends are during your times of trouble. I have been blessed with some terrific friends and family. I hope that you don't need to break something to realize how blessed you are with friends and family. Let them know now how much you value them.

No comments:

Post a Comment